History of French Camp McKinley Fire District

The French Camp McKinley Fire District is a Fire Protection District, organized under 13880 et al of the California Health and Safety Code. The organization was originally formed in 1946 and is currently governed by a five-member elected Board of Directors with staggered terms. The Fire District provides Fire, Technical Rescue, and Basic Emergency Medical Services to an approximately 16 square mile area of unincorporated San Joaquin County in addition to an additional 75 square miles in Roberts and Union Islands where the Fire District provides services to several property owners for fire protection services under contract. The District is bordered by the City of Lathrop to the south and the City of Stockton to the north. The organization is considered a combination agency, with Full-Time line staff and Reserve Firefighter personnel. The organization’s one station (Station 11-1) is staffed with two personnel-on-duty, 1 Battalion Chief and the Fire Chief available. The Reserve Firefighter personnel are used on callbacks to the scene of an incident work 12 or 24 hr shifts to augment staffing.  Reserve Staff are essential members of the organization in fulfilling the mission of the Fire District. Our organization also has Automatic Aid and Mutual Aid agreements with neighboring agencies to receive and provide firefighting support locally and throughout the State of California. The organization responds to approximately 1,700 calls between Mountain House and French Camp. The French Camp McKinley Fire District has some very significant life-safety hazards, such as the San Joaquin County Jail, San Joaquin County Juvenile Justice Center, Honor Farm, the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office, and San Joaquin County Hospital.
 


Fire Chiefs:

Frank Johnson 1946 - 1969
Don Heinrich 1969 - 1972
Richard Rallios 1962 - 2010
Paul Tualla 2009 - 2016
Fred Manding 2011 - 2018
Mario McArn 2018-  Present